Training Resources to Support New Mexico WIC Staff
NM WIC staff are continuously trained in all aspects of the WIC Program. Current and relevant training is intended to support NM WIC staff so they can be confident as they provide excellent service to NM WIC families.
NM WIC Training Events
NMSOL New Staff Training
March 18th through March 20th
WIC Training Lab
2040 S. Pacheco
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Live Online Training
There will be no Live Online Training in March.
NM WIC Training News
NM WIC Training Tips
Check Stubs vs. Averaged Pay
If the check stubs are provided as proof, but the amounts are all different, use Averaged Pay!
Check Stubs only offers a single amount field and should only be used if the income is the same with every pay period. Example: someone who works on salary and is paid the same amount every pay day.
Averaged Pay locks the Amount field and opens the number of amount fields that matches the Pay Frequency under Income Details. Once each pay amount is entered, NMSOL automatically enters an average into the Amount field.
NM WIC Training Tips
Remember the Knowledge Base!
If you get stuck in NMSOL, not sure how to complete a task, the Knowledge Base is always there for you.
- In the Navigation Bar, click the Help icon:
- Navigate to the top right of the page and Click Sign In:
(you may be prompted to enter your NMSOL credentials)
- Click the New Mexico WIC button:
- Navigate to the Support Portal search bar:
- Type in the topic or task name
- Choose an article from the results
That’s it! So quick & easy!
Weekly Training Bulletins
New Staff Training Checklists
Staff Training Requirements Charts
NM WIC Staff Training
The following training titles are found on DOH Online Learning:
- DOH Training & Link to NM TRAIN (HIPAA, SPO Civil Rights, etc.)
- WIC Security Awareness Training
- Participant Centered Education (PCE)
- Child Nutrition
- Postpartum Nutrition
- Prenatal Nutrition
- WIC Basic Nutrition
The following training titles are found at USDA WIC Learning Online:
- Value Enhanced Nutrition Assessment (VENA)
- VENA: Connecting the Dots Between Assessment and Intervention
- WIC 101
- WIC Baby Behavior Basics
- Feeding Infants; Nourishing Attitudes & Techniques
- WIC Breastfeeding Basics+
*Hug Your Baby training is provided through an individual online module link. Please email Marie Stinnett at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your link!