Training Resources to Support New Mexico WIC Staff
NM WIC staff are continuously trained in all aspects of the WIC Program. Current and relevant training is intended to support NM WIC staff so they can be confident as they provide excellent service to NM WIC families.
NM WIC Training Events
There will be no in-person training events until further notice.
NMSOL Virtual New Staff Training
December 9th & 10th (8:30 to 3:30)
Virtual Platform: Webex
Contact your supervisor for attendance information.
Live Online Training
Thursday, January 21st, 10:30am to Noon
NM WIC Training Tips
Appointment Details on the Family Page
There’s an easy way to see appointment details without opening the appointment. This is great for advising families what they need to bring for their next appointment!
1. On the Family page, click on the ‘Related’ tab.
2. Select ‘Appointment Details’ from the drop-down list. The Appointment Details Associated View is the default view.
3. Sort the view by Start Time to group all appointments correctly by date.
4. The view will show you exactly what each participant is coming in for (in the Appointment Types column)!
What a great time-saver!
NM WIC Staff Training
The following training titles are found on DOH Online Learning:
- DOH Training & Link to NM TRAIN (HIPAA, SPO Civil Rights, WIC Civil Rights, etc.)
- Participant Centered Education (PCE)
- Child Nutrition
- Postpartum Nutrition
- Prenatal Nutrition
- WIC Basic Nutrition
The following training titles are found at USDA WIC Learning Online:
- Value Enhanced Nutrition Assessment (VENA)
- VENA: Connecting the Dots Between Assessment and Intervention
- WIC 101
- WIC Baby Behavior Basics
- Feeding Infants; Nourishing Attitudes & Techniques
- WIC Breastfeeding Basics+
*Hug Your Baby training is provided through an individual online module link. Please email Marie Stinnett at email@example.com to request your link!
Click the play icon in the videos below to view training recordings.