How to Apply
New Mexico WIC is grateful for your interest in the program! This page contains valuable information about applying for WIC services.
Families who participate in the WIC program will receive:
- Free healthy food
- Nursing (breastfeeding) support
- Basic nutrition education
- Referrals to other services that may be helpful
Families who want to apply for WIC services should:
- Live in the state of New Mexico
- Include one or more of these individuals:
- A person who is currently pregnant
- A person who is nursing (breastfeeding) a baby under one year of age
- A person who had a baby or was pregnant in the last six months
- A baby who is less than one year old
- A child who is less than five years old
- Meet income guidelines for the number of family members
- Eligibility for Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps), TANF (Cash Assistance), and/or FDPIR could mean that your family already meets WIC income guidelines. Please let the WIC clinic know if anyone in your family is eligible for any of these programs.
- If someone in your family received income in the last 30 days, that income may be considered.
When a family has an appointment to apply for WIC services, the following will be requested:
*Note: If you cannot bring one of these items, or are unsure what to bring, please contact us and we will provide more information on what can be accepted.
- Attendance of each person who is applying for WIC services
- Proof of identification for each person who is applying for WIC services
- Examples (not limited to): Driver’s License, ID card, birth certificate, shot record, etc.
- Proof of eligibility for Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps), TANF (Cash Assistance), and/or FDPIR (if someone in your family is eligible)
- Proof of income for the last 30 days for any family member who receives income from work or other sources
- Proof of home address in the state of New Mexico (no P.O. box addresses)
- If your family received WIC services in the past, the WIC EBT card should be brought to each appointment, including application for new services