Mental and Emotional Health Support
Get More Helpful Resources on Mental and Emotional Health Support.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call for free and confidential emotional support—they talk about more than just suicide. Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- SAMHSA Mental Health Help & Treatment Locator
Information on depression, including a locator to find mental health help in your area.
- Mom’s Mental Health Matters
Helpful resources from the National Institutes of Health, Child and Maternal Health Education Program.
- Postpartum Education for Parents
A 24-hour support line is available for one-to-one support, from basic infant care to the baby blues, and other perinatal topics. Phone: 1-805-967-7636 (may be a long distance call).
- National Mental Health Association
Information on perinatal depression, including a locator to find a mental health center or provider in your area. Phone: 1-800-969-NMHA (6642).
- National Institute of Mental Health
Health information and research studies on depression.
- National Women’s Health Information Center
Frequently asked questions about depression and pregnancy are available on the web site. Phone: 1-800-994-9662.
- PostPartum Depression from Baby Center.
- Depression Fact Sheet
- Information for Parents of Newborn Children
- Postpartum Support International
An online postpartum depression support group. Warmline; weekdays only at 1-800-944-4773.
- Postpartum Support Group
An online support group.
- 1-800-311-BABY (1-800-311-2229)
For information on prenatal services in your community. In Spanish: 1-800-504-7081.
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
Resources for you and your health-care provider.