Give Your Best
Nursing isn’t always easy, and your local WIC clinic can help
WIC’s nursing experts help New Mexico mothers nurse successfully with classes, peer counselors, and designated nursing experts.
New Mexico WIC: Nursing Experts
WIC offers access to Designated Nursing Experts in your region that can help with high-risk lactation challenges, such as preterm infant feeding, nipple trauma, and failure to thrive. All of our DNEs are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants.
New Mexico WIC: more than just healthy foods
You can get one-on-one nursing and nutrition counseling, take online classes, and learn about other resources in the community that can help you make smart, healthy choices for your family every day.
Many families in New Mexico get WIC services
WIC is open to many incomes and families. If you are on Medicaid, TANF, or SNAP you automatically qualify for WIC. If you don’t qualify for those programs, you may still be eligible for the New Mexico WIC program.
Call 1-800-942-3678 or go to New MexicoWIC.org to find a clinic near you.
New Mexico WIC provides support to:
- Pregnant women
- New parents
- Children up to their 5th birthday
New Mexico WIC benefits include:
- Personal attention from peer counselors and WIC nursing experts, and extra WIC benefits like pumps and special food packages.
- Nutrition classes, children’s activities, recipes, and shopping tips to help you and your children stay healthy.
- Referrals to health-care services near you.
- A New Mexico WIC card to help you buy nutritious foods in the grocery store.