Fresh Produce for New Mexico Seniors
The Seniors Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) is now offering Electronic Mobile and Shopper card benefits up to $50 to senior adults (over age 60) for Non-Native American and senior adults (over age 55) for Native American, who live in New Mexico, to buy locally grown fruits, vegetables, cut herbs, and honey from select farmers’ markets, mobile farmers’ markets, and roadside stands across the state.
What is new for the Senior Farmers Market Program
Application acceptance dates:
February 15, 2022-June 01, 2022
Funding is on a First Come-First Serve Basis, so get your applications in as soon as possible, so you may receive your benefits within the below benefit issuance dates
Benefit issuance dates:
July 01, 2022 -September 29, 2022
Seniors Farmers’ Market Season dates:
July 01, 2022-November 29, 2022
SFMNP benefits will not be authorized for use after 11/29/2022
- 2022 – Senior Farmers Market Checks will no longer be distributed in New Mexico.
- Seniors will now receive their Farmers market benefits by choosing between the following:
- Shopper Card- The card is like a debit card, but will work with a QR code and a pin
- Mobile Application-will require a working mobile phone that can download an app from their cell phone app store and email
- All Seniors who would like to participate in the SFMNP program must complete an application and may return it to one of the following:
- Email – DOH.FMNP@state.nm.us
- Mail – NM WIC FMNP, 2040 S. Pacheco St., Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Drop-Off – NM WIC office locations within your community (only if you are unable to do #1 or #2)
Seniors who are already receiving Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) benefits are automatically eligible for the Seniors Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program benefits, but they will need to complete an application and follow the above return instructions
View Farmers' Market Map of Locations
Senior benefits are distributed on a first-come first-served basis.
For more information about the NM Seniors Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program,
please call 505-476-8816.