Complete form below for Senior Farmers Market Information or questions Integro el siguiente formulario para obtener información o preguntas sobre el mercado de agricultores mayores
Fresh Produce for New Mexico Seniors
The Seniors Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) is now offering Electronic Mobile and Shopper card benefits up to $50 to senior adults (over age 60) for Non-Native American and senior adults (over age 55) for Native American, who live in New Mexico, to buy locally grown fruits, vegetables, cut herbs, and honey from select farmers’ markets, mobile farmers’ markets, and roadside stands across the state.
View Farmers' Market Map of Locations
What is the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program?
We are a NM Department of Health-WIC program, that promotes a healthy lifestyle to you as a participant, so you may:
- Enjoy your food, but eat less,
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables,
- Assist with reducing your intake of sugary drinks by drinking water instead, and
- Increase your physical activity
By providing, State & Federal benefits (FMNP, SFMNP, FMNEP) to eligible WIC and Senior Participants in New Mexico to purchase locally grown:
- Fresh fruits
- (Honey-Seniors only)
From authorized NM farmers at farmers’ markets, mobile markets, roadside stand or farm stores
To qualify, you must be at least 60 years of age, or 55 years of age and a member of an Indian Tribal Organization and meet the following income guidelines.
Eligibility is determined by household size, but benefits are distributed individually, meaning any others in your household also meeting the age and income requirements may apply for and receive their own benefits.
Income Eligibility Guidelines, July 1,2022 Through June 30, 2023
How to Apply
Do not wait! Benefits are given out on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Between February 15, 2023, and September 15, 2023, or until benefits are gone, whichever happens first
To complete an application:
- Click the Senior application link below
- Contact your local Senior Center
- Contact your local Commodity Services Food Program
- Visit the local State office at 2040 South Pacheco st. Santa Fe, NM 87505;
- or call (505)-469-0548 or (505)476-8816
Should you apply after September 15, 2023, or you are told benefits are no longer available, you will be added to a waitlist and contacted if additional farmers market benefits become available.
If You Qualify
You will receive a shopper card with your one-time annual benefit of $50.00 to purchase eligible foods from authorized farmers.
Benefits will be issued:
Federal benefits-$50.00 July 01, 2023 to September 29, 2023
State Benefits- will be added as they become available.
- Visit your local Farmers Marke, Roadside or Farm Stands
- Inform vendor you are paying with WIC Shopper Card
- You may ask vendor for your balance
- Provide card to vendor to checkout
- Vendor will scan QR code
- You must enter your 4-digit pin provided to you. The pin is used to approve the
with the vendor.